Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Allan Vurma" <vurma@e...>
"Allan Vurma" <vurma@e...>
Date:  Wed Sep 5, 2001  4:44 pm
Subject:  forward or backward placement

Dear listers

I would like to thank these people who answered to my previoust request. But I
still need some more answers to get my ("statistically valid") results. I am a
professional singer belonging to a professional Estonian Philharmonic Chamber
Choir. I have travelled a lot (several times in most of European countries,
USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Israel ect.) I have done some roles in Opera
being younger. Seeing lot of different voice instructors, conductors I started
to interest about expressions the people use about singing voice. The Estonian
Science Foundation has supported me in this for last several years and I have
participated with presentations also in different conferences, the last one was
in Stockholm pevoc iv, august 23-26 this year. My presentation was about
"placement" of the voice based on research of Estonian singers and singing
teachers. Now my concern is to widen the basis of this experiment and have the
answers also from other cultural areas of the world.

So, if you donīt mind, please spend some minutes on my
web-pagehttp://www.local.ee/allan/. All kind of comments are welcome, you can
find a special area to fill in. You have to download some soundsamples (wav)
and give your evaluations. From my place it takes only few second to download
each, but it may depend on the speed of connection.

In hope for your interest,

Allan Vurma
vurma@e...
vurma@e...