Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Wed Sep 5, 2001  5:12 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Questions regarding surgery....

If you are able to have the surgery done through the vagina, the
recovery of your breath support will be quicker as your abdominal wall
will not have to heal. Sometimes, it can't be done that way.

Re: hormone replacement. There are many medical factors to consider so
that each woman will have different recommendations but 35 is way too
young to have your body experience hormone loss IMO. Loss of estrogen
does affect range, so discuss with your doctor the pros and cons in your
individual case whether or not to use estrogen and in what form.

John

John Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center

emusic.com