Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Fri Aug 31, 2001  2:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cover Letters for Singers

Nande:
A cover letter is typically the letter sent to a prospective employer
along with a resume either introducing yourself & what you can offer the
employer or stating interest in a position that is open & where you found
out about the opening, etc.

A "Blanket" cover letter would be something that could be used over &
over (i.e. form letter).

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Pat

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:42:09 -0000 "Nande" <denanny@h...> writes:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:42:09 -0000 "Nande" <denanny@h...> writes:
> Dear all,
>
> Forgive me my ignorance, but: what is a 'cover letter'? And: what
> does
> the term 'blanket' mean in this context? (other than something warm
> wish I was cuddled up under...);-))
> Thanks....
>
> Nande
> (Dutch.... needs some explanation from time to time)

13877 Re: Cover Letters for Singers Nande   Fri  8/31/2001   2 KB

emusic.com