Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Aug 27, 2001  6:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Naming of notes [WAS: Strohbass]

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <> wrote:
--- In
vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <> wrote:
> >I use this sound from about G1 through Bb2. Down to about B2 I can
> >use my "normal" speaking voice.
>
> Tako, my understanding that G1 would be the G to the left of the
> lowest A on the piano. Obviously that's not the note you meant, so
> I'm wondering if there is more than one convention for naming notes.

G1 to me is the lowest G a string bass can produce. B2 to me is the
low tenor note. My understanding is that the numbering begins with
C1, the lowest C on a piano, and every note in the octave above that
is x1.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13855 Re: Strohbass John Link   Mon  8/27/2001   2 KB
13859 Re: Strohbass Tako Oda   Tue  8/28/2001   3 KB

emusic.com