Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Fri Aug 24, 2001  2:58 pm
Subject:  REP: soprano, violin, piano

Repertoire gurus --

I am seeking repertoire for a light, high soprano with violin and piano.
The piece should be basically tonal, although it doesn't have to be
"Twinkle, twinkle, little star" tonal. It is for a Jewish community event,
so no overtly Christian (or other non-Jewish religious) text would be
appropriate. There will be a minimum of rehearsal, so it should be
something that three professional musicians can put together on maybe two
or three rehearsals, bearing in mind that we'll be putting together an
entire program in that time.

It would help me much more to have suggestions of pieces that people are
actually familiar with and/or have sung, rather than huge lists of
repertoire that might or might not satisfy the criteria above. A shortish,
pointed list would be ideal.

Thanks for your help!

Naomi Gurt Lind

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13831 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano Karen Mercedes   Fri  8/24/2001   3 KB
13838 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano MFoxy9795@a...   Sat  8/25/2001   2 KB
13842 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano Craig Tompkins   Sun  8/26/2001   2 KB
13875 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano Patricia M Smith   Fri  8/31/2001   2 KB
14203 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano Jeffrey Snider   Sun  9/23/2001   2 KB
13889 Re: REP: soprano, violin, piano MFoxy9795@a...   Sat  9/1/2001   2 KB

emusic.com