Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Slightly off Broadway" <jaxsobcon@n...>
"Slightly off Broadway" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Tue Aug 21, 2001  12:56 am
Subject:  Re: group warmups

Hi Michael:
I've been in similar situations and participants do
get bored with the same regimen.
Here's a couple of ideas:

1. Use a descending 5 note pattern and sing this on each note:
"Yummy yummy yah" so you'll end up singing it 5x
It's good for relaxing the jaw, breath control and muscle control.

2. using 1 3 5 3 1 3 5 3 1 3 5 3 1 sing staccato to Hah hah hah

3. I wish I could explain a rock'n'roll drill I use with one of my
choirs. It's so much fun. Sorry to dangle your emotions like
this but it's one of those things you have to demonstrate.

4. Take this one for what it's worth but with a diverse group, it's
fun and it warms up the body and the voice and everyone has access
to it:
Use the Village People's YMCA recording.
For the verses...stretch arms up and down alternately and both together
in a sort of calisthenic type of movement ie up/down R up/down/L
up/down both up/down both repeating several times and also march
to the beat of the music.
During the famous chorus, just sing along and do YMCA as it's known
by everyone.
Usually evokes much laughing and a fun atmosphere before the performance.

Any questions...just ask.
Jacqueline
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre
and
www.musicaltheatreinfo.com

Have fun at:
www.geocities.com/sloffbrdway

"There's no business like show business"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13811 Re: group warmups Greypins@a...   Tue  8/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com