Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Aug 20, 2001  7:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] ROAD MUSIC dangers!

Good point, Mike. I once had the score album for "The Golden Land" in my
car's tape player while driving home from a rehearsal, and started tearing
up during a set of songs about the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, which end with
a stirring rendition of "Bread and Roses."

Just one small problem: I was driving on Highway 17. (For the benefit of
those who do not live in Northern California, CA 17 is a twisting four-lane
blacktop over the Santa Cruz mountains.) Late at night. In the rain. In
other words, I was in a situation that called for both eyes on the road,
both hands on the wheel, and perfect attention to the task at hand!

You may also want to avoid stuff that's laugh-out-loud funny, i.e. Bob and
Ray.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast. Songbirds always eat.
(If their song is sweet to hear.)" --Lorenz Hart, "The Boys from Syracuse"