Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sat Aug 18, 2001  10:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] ROAD MUSIC recommendations . . .

I'm inclined to agree with Mike: big and brassy/loud
and quite stupid will keep you awake!!

I'm one of these people who simply can't drive unless
I have music on. A friend of mine always remarks on my
'priority' of putting the music on before I do
anything else!

Lots of the suggestions such as Guns N Roses etc have
been great. I would suggest anything by Queen, any big
show tune like the stuff from Gypsy, Annie Get Your
Gun, Carousel, rousing G & S or Offenbach choruses can
do it, a big must is Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, and
Englebert Humperdink, and, don't know if you're
familiar with her; Cilla Black? She has a voice that
could slice butter off a pat at 90 paces and it's
impossible to even think of sleep when she's on!!! Of
course a la G & S, any of the big opera choruses like
Aida, Turandot will all do their bit in helping you
get there very quickly!!

I hope it's a good journey!

Best wishes,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!