Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Fri Aug 17, 2001  3:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Russell Watson

In a message dated 8/17/01 2:14:34 PM, BdwayDiva1@a... writes:

<< Yes, he has some vocal problems, but he has a great
natural talent. What are yall's opinions of this guy, the so called
"People's Tenor" >>

I've heard that he claims that "classical music people" resent him because he
comes from a working class background and hasn't had any real voice training.
Baloney!

If he has such an incredible vocal endowment, why can't he sing without a
microphone?

From what I've heard, I don't find him nearly as interesting as Bocelli (who
has a beautiful sound if a less than wonderful technique) and less charming
than Charlotte Church. He doesn't make me wince quite as much as Sarah
Brightman...but give him time!

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13748 Re: Russell Watson Ian Belsey   Fri  8/17/2001   2 KB

emusic.com