Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Tue Aug 14, 2001  5:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] med: what to do?

Sometimes once you start coughing your throat gets dry
and irritated and that makes you cough even more.
Sucking on hard candy can help keep things moist. The
doctor who gave me this suggestion mentioned
Lifesavers, my personal favorite is Werther's Original
:o).

If your cough is really bad and goes on for a while,
you can get prescription cough syrup with codeine in
it (or if you're in Canada you can go to your local
drugstore and ask for some acetominophen with codeine
over the counter). I have asthma that gets really
aggravated when I have a cough, and sometimes codeine
is the only thing that helps.

Hope you feel better soon,

Jennifer