Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Lana Mountford <lana@a...>
Date:  Mon Aug 13, 2001  10:39 pm
Subject:  OFF: Planning a road trip -- would like your help . . .

Greetings, friends!

After more than 3.5 years here at Amazon, I'm finally taking some
extended time off. My plan is to take a road trip starting September 10
driving from Seattle to Bar Harbor, Maine and back. I'm planning to
stay off the interstate highways as much as possible, and take mostly US
and state highways. I'm taking 8 weeks off work for this, and plan to
spend at least 6 weeks on the road. My eastbound route will follow US-2
almost the entire way, except that I'll probably do a brief side-trip to
Winnipeg to visit a college friend, and I'll be taking a detour when I
get to the Michigan upper peninsula, heading up I-75 (I think that's it
-- I don't have my map with me) through Sault Ste. Marie into Canada,
visiting Ottawa and Montreal before heading south to rejoin US-2 at Lake
Champlain in New York and heading east to Maine. The return trip isn't
as firm, but I *may* be taking US-50 west to St. Louis, then heading up
to Milwaukee (family visit), and then heading back south to pick up
US-20 for the rest of the trip. I have some guide books, and I've been
doing a lot of research on the web, too. Here's where I need your help:

If you live anywhere along this route, or are familiar with the towns
and sites close by, I'd like your recommendations for "must see"
attractions. I'm particularly interested in historic homes, museums,
architecture, etc. Also, if you know of anything interesting from a
vocal music perspective (like you're giving a recital or appearing
somewhere), I'd be interested in that as well -- please let me know the
dates/etc. My schedule is very loose at the moment, as I want to be
able to take my time and stop whenever I want, without worrying too much
about schedules (I have to be back at work on November 5, though). I
will be taking my home laptop with me, as well as a cell phone, so I can
stay in touch with folks (but NO WORK!) :-)

PLEASE respond to me privately, so as not to clutter the list with this
stuff. I'm:

lana@a...
lana@a...

Thanks !!!

--
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13692 Re: OFF: Planning a road trip -- would like your Lisa Miller   Tue  8/14/2001   4 KB
13693 med: what to do? Stephanie   Tue  8/14/2001   2 KB
13700 Re: med: what to do? John Messmer, M.D.   Tue  8/14/2001   3 KB
13701 Re: med: what to do? Jennifer   Tue  8/14/2001   2 KB
13696 Re: OFF: Planning a road trip -- would like your SMSchneider   Tue  8/14/2001   2 KB

emusic.com