Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
"Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Sun Aug 12, 2001  11:55 pm
Subject:  Gotta crow!

Hey folks,

Well, I hate to say it -- OK, no I don't -- my recital on Friday was an
absolute triumph! Thanks again for your help on the Caccini "Ave Maria"
(actually made one person cry). My second piece, Mozart's "Laudate Dominum,"
went beautifully (my favorite comment from a co-worker: "That was an
a**-kickin' 'Amen'!"), and my "Domine Deus" (Vivaldi) was without doubt the
best I've ever sung it.

This was an especially meaningful achievement for me. In June I auditioned for
the Houston Symphony Chorus, which I felt pretty good about... until I received
a letter informing me that my audition was "inadequate to meet our standards of
membership." (...followed by the obligatory "we hope you'll audition for us
again" -- hah! Not in THIS lifetime, bucko!!!) I was so full of
anger/depression/self-doubt, etc. that I couldn't sing for over a week. Now I
finally feel vindicated! Viva Despina, que sa servir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for giving me a chance to toot my horn, and thanks as always for the
ongoing support!

Rachel
despina@p...

Domisosing@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13685 Re: Gotta crow! Domisosing@a...   Mon  8/13/2001   2 KB
13686 Re: Gotta crow! Ian Belsey   Mon  8/13/2001   2 KB

emusic.com