Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Aug 10, 2001  10:08 pm
Subject:  I was a violinist for a night ;)

Here's one that takes the cake:

I sang with the Philadelphia Singers Chorale for performances of the Rossini
"Stabat Mater" with the Philadelphia Orchestra, Riccardo Muti's last
performances there as Music Director. The night before our first rehearsal
with him, I had a dream in which I was playing in the first-row violins with
him conducting. No, I don't play the violin, and I *couldn't* play in the
dream. Moreover, I was playing a plastic TOY violin. Seriously weird....

(Incidentally, the concerts all went well, and it was a wonderful,
fulfilling experience.)

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast. Songbirds always eat.
(If their song is sweet to hear.)" --Lorenz Hart, "The Boys from Syracuse"