Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Wed Aug 8, 2001  10:50 pm
Subject:  singers' weird dreams

Tracy wrote:

> ...where I was singing a role that I had never
> practiced. I was there, on the stage, totally making stuff up...

Welcome to the list, Tracy...

From many casual conversations I have had, I suspect that this kind of dream
is very common, among singers and non-singers alike... I understand there is
at least one "school of dream analysis", that says this stuff is about one's
sub conscience attempting to work out all the myriad problems/challenges of
"real life"... the mind doing little "guilt trips" about unresolved stuff,
kind of thing...

My own singing dream like this, which I still sort of remember from many
years ago, perhaps back to the '70's when I first started singing
"seriously", went something like - With no idea of how I got there, I find
myself in the wings of some nondescript opera stage - a pit orchestra is
playing some kind of generic "big build-up" music - I walk out on stage and
everything comes to a proverbial "crashing halt" - total stunned silence -
There are other singers on stage, all glaring very sternly at me, like I'm a
total moron - They are dressed in some sort of "pseudo-Egyptian" costumes, as
though the opera could be "Aida" or some such - I turn to one of the male
singers and say something like (remembering this dream probably happened in
those "groovy '70's"...), "Hey man, I'm really sorry, but I have no idea what
I'm doing here, so why don't we just sit down and rap for a while?" then I
woke up...

Or maybe this all still a dream about a man dreaming he is a butterfly who is
dreaming he is a man who dreams he is a singer...:o)

Sweet dreams to all...

Blessings.

Michael

Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Green Eccentric Introvert With Loud Voice
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
http://www.angelfire.com/me/interdependence/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13662 Re: singers' weird dreams David   Thu  8/9/2001   2 KB

emusic.com