Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
Date:  Thu May 4, 2000  6:53 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] NATS National Convention

Thanks for the note. I am really looking forward to it. My husband would
like to come, but alas, finding childcare for five children for several days
is next to impossible. Hope to see you there.

Lisa,

I will be there, but with my husband, so I am, alas, not in need of a
roommate (!)

However, I do hope to meet you. I well remember my first NATS convention
in Dec. 1991 at Little Rock, ARK (then-Govenor Bill Clinton made the
official welcome and was very charming, The convention was held at the
Excelsior Hotel in which (6 months later) Paula Jones alledgedly had her
"encounter" with Clinton. Hmmm - who among us then knew....)

Anyway, I was so excited to go to the convention and made the most of it -
just to meet legendary voice teachers like Richard Miller, Shirlee Emmons,
Joan Boytim, Oren Brown, etc. It was also integral to my doctoral
dissertation in its early stages, as I made incredible contacts. That
dissertation has now developed into one of my two books Scarecrow Press
will be publishing.

I also first met PST...Inc's Robert Caldwell at that convention and within
one year was one of the authors of his "Singers Edition" series (a project
that sadly petered out, but that's another story!)

Great memories and so many changes since that first convention....

See you there!

Elizabeth Blades-Zeller

Lisa wrote:

>Subject: NATS National Convention
>

>I asked earlier, but I know everyone is very busy (believe me, I know - I
>offically finish my MM on May 11), so I'll ask again. Would any female be
>interested in sharing a room at the National NATS Convention in Philly? I
>already have a room reserved,

Elizabeth Blades-Zeller, DMA
Assistant Professor of Voice
Coordinator of Voice, Director of Opera
Heidelberg College - Brenneman Music Hall
Tiffin, Ohio 44883 1-419-448-2079

co-author of "Singing With Your Whole Self: The Feldenkrais Method and
Voice."

check it out at www.inspirationpress.homestead.com/main.html

"Your capacity to express your brilliance is limited only to the extent of
which you have been hurt - or are afraid."

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only
plan, but also believe."