Vocalist.org archive

From:  rtpeacoc@e...
rtpeacoc@e...
Date:  Mon Aug 6, 2001  6:36 pm
Subject:  Duets for young sopranos?

Hi Listers,

A young friend (she's 16) asked me for advice today:

She has a friend (I'm assuming about the same age) who is planning to
do a recital as part of her music studies, and she would like my
friend to sing a duet with her. They are both sopranos. I asked what
genre they had in mind and ascertained that they are looking for
secular music, probably leaning more toward the classical or art-song
style than toward opera or operetta, and suited to an intermediate to
somewhat advanced level. (They would like it to be challenging enough
to be interesting, but not so difficult that it gives them fits trying
to learn it!)

I'm guessing that they would like it to be in English, though my
friend is comfortable in German, Norwegian, and Latin and can also do
a very creditable job in Italian. I don't know what language skills
her friend has. Both are very talented and have been studying music
(mostly instrumental until a couple of years ago, at least in my
friend's case) since they were small.

Does anyone know of a duet that might work for them?

Many thanks,
Robin
mezzo(?)-in-training

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13624 Re: Duets for young sopranos? Deal Diva Laura   Mon  8/6/2001   4 KB
13639 Re: Duets for young sopranos? Karen Mercedes   Wed  8/8/2001   2 KB
13644 Re: Duets for young sopranos? Wim Ritzerfeld   Wed  8/8/2001   2 KB
13646 Re: Duets for young sopranos? Karen Mercedes   Wed  8/8/2001   2 KB
13665 Re: Duets for young sopranos? Dolphin aura   Thu  8/9/2001   3 KB
13694 Re: Duets for young sopranos? MFoxy9795@a...   Tue  8/14/2001   2 KB

emusic.com