Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Thu May 4, 2000  3:16 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Met Auditions

--

On Wed, 03 May 2000 16:31:08 Shuff wrote:
>Here's a topic, List:
>
>The Met Auditions:
>
>How many times have you done them? Once
>
>How old were you the first time/last time? 27
>
>Did you win districts/regionals/nationals? NO
>
>Did you feel that you got good comments from judges? Were they
>qualified in your mind?

Two judges were encouraging, but didn't say much. One said my voice was
"squeaky on top and wobbly in the middle. Well, that's all I had in my notes.
Good-bye"
All in all I didn't get much out of the judges comments.

It was a good experience, and I plan to do them again, now that I'm singing
better, but I don't expect much as I am already 30, and I found that (as others
have said here) they really go for young people and voices (and always
coloraturas in Minnesota).

Lisa-Marie