Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed May 3, 2000  2:45 pm
Subject:  Psyching Up

Hi all! I am finding that I'm singing (practicing and in lessons) better than
I ever have in my life! This is good.

HOWEVER, I have done a couple of auditions since I moved to Chicago and I find
that I get completely flustered and lose all sense of purpose and
concentration. I pull back (in fear of being judged or rejected, I suppose.)
I've been given this comment in auditions and competitions before. And they
say that there is good potential, but I still need some work. I always want to
say "if only you could hear me in my lessons!!!!"

I'm wondering, how do all of you "psyche yourselves up" for auditions and
competitions. I am a good performer, unless I feel I'm being judged (which is
after all the POINT of auditions).

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Lisa-Marie