Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  8:48 pm
Subject:  whoa, nelly!

It seems to me that passions have been stirred beyond the point of
usefulness, with respect to the paid/unpaid, professional/amateur debate.
Now it looks like it's "Jump on Ian" time. I feel some responsibility
since I was one of the first to disagree with him -- maybe it would have
been better to let it lie.

Please read this message as a friendly reminder that we all make our points
without being nasty. Name-calling has never been helpful, and it can be
very hurtful. If you think this might apply to you, consider holding your
fire until you've had a chance to re-read your post a few times and ask
yourself how it would feel if it were directed at you.

I think that a lot of valid points are being made on all sides of the
prism, and I hope the good points will not be lost in the haze of ad
hominem attacks.

Thanks for reading!
Naomi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13531 Re: whoa, nelly! Elizabeth Finkler   Sat  8/4/2001   3 KB
13542 Re: whoa, nelly! Ian Belsey   Sat  8/4/2001   2 KB

emusic.com