Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  8:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Seth Riggs' Recent SF Master Class(Tina's Mezzo)

In a message dated 8/3/2001 12:00:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
Domisosing@a... writes:

> Now, I can pick up that score and sail through the phrases
> without any difficulty...........on the other hand, I can pick up an R&B
> tune
> and sing that right after the oratorio. This is simply because my voice, at
> foundational level, works the same, no matter what style I'm singing.

Yes Yes Yes! The same is true of me. (I am a mezzo who sings classical, R&B
and jazz, and know EXACTLY what you're referring to.) How freeing it finally
was to achieve that comfort and power, especially in the lower passagio.
Attempting something like "Cruda sorte" before having this in place was
terrifying. . .now it is truly thrilling.
TinaO

emusic.com