Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  2:16 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: songs, intervals, holistic learning and such

Well, I am pretty certain I hear the theme on occasion. But how can any of
you consider yourselves old when you're only in your 40's? Good grief!
I've barely turned 30 myself, but I certainly don't consider 47 old. Come
to think of it, I'm really not sure at what age I would consider someone
"old". I've met some 70+ people who are younger at heart than *I* am.

And I totally hate the age restrictions on various competitions
(specifically, Met Auditions) and even for entering many conservatories.
Maybe someday these sorts of things won't exist...ah, dreammmmmmming....

Laura Ruiz
DealDivas.com - Harmonizing Culture & Price
http://www.dealdivas.com

Michael Eckford wrote:

> To Laura, who believes NBC still uses this theme, you may be right - I
have sort
> of been without a tv for a while, which occurs to me is (usually) a good
thing,
> to turn off the corporate culture... - yikes, here's that off-topic
"random
> abstract rant mode" again...:o) I'm an "elderly" 48, though I seriously
strive
> to be ageless... even though the ageist Met Auditions and the omnipresent
"Young
> Artist Programs/Competitions" and their like think they have um, put us
"old
> farts" out to pasture...

emusic.com