Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Thu Aug 2, 2001  6:09 am
Subject:  Going flat like a tire :(

I don't know if it's because I'm tired ( i haven't been able to
sleep well for at least a week because of the weather here) but my
entonation was hell today. Sebben Crudele, Wohin, they were all
horribly FLAT! could it be because I was with allergies for so long
and I didn't study until I got better, or because my body hasn't
gotten a good sleep cycle, or because -in the duration of the summer-
while singing without supervision I've been 'swallowing' my voice and
the placement is making it troublesome to stay in pitch? Three weeks
ago I went over "Dalla Sua Pace" and "Dies Bildnis" with a retired
voice teacher who is now in the ministry of culture and said I was
doing fine...so WTH happened? (she's unavailable 90% of the time, I
got lucky that time).
God, I HATE being without a teacher. If I weren't forced to
come home every summer.... And she doesn't even have an email where
I can reach her and ask for help.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13432 Re: Going flat like a tire :( James   Thu  8/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com