Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Wed Aug 1, 2001  1:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Funerals

At 01:47 PM 7/31/01 EDT, Greypins@a... wrote:
> let's see a singer who is a member of a church try to get a free car from
>the car salesman from that church or free insurance from the insurance
>salesman who is a member or how about free medical from the parishioners who
>are doctors or how about a nice apartment from the church slum lord? it
>will never happen and singers should get paid too.

Hmmmmm.....wellllllll........aaaaaactually.....if a doctor was caught
discounting his fees for anyone including h(is)er medical colleagues, s/he
risks a suit from the insurance carriers, including Medicare. I don't
recall right now how it works, but I believe the basis is fraud. As such I
can't admit to what I have done for my fellow church members, singers,
hospital workers, medical colleagues, etc... But I, along with three music
teachers, an attorney, and an insurance broker, have donated my time to the
church, as both soloist and chorister, FWIW.

GWendel, dT

emusic.com