Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karl Rasmussen <krasmuss@v...>
Date:  Wed May 3, 2000  1:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Healthy Singing

At 10:21 PM -0500 5/1/0, Reg Boyle wrote:
> If the effort required to sing is excessive then we're probably
>doing something incorrectly.

My study of singing has also involved a lot of getting out of my own way;
of letting things happen instead of forcing them to happen.

The concept of "the warm moist breath" recently discussed here has been
very enlightening as I practice with it.

I just saw a concert of mostly sacred music by Steve Amerson. One of the
things that really struck me as I watch him was his relaxed, consistent
posture. While his presentation was dynamic and mobile, his primary core
posture was maintained. There was no obvious increase of effort for
anything, high, low, loud, soft, fast, sustained.

Probably says more about me than about Steve Amerson. I guess when you get
ready to understand you can get your lesson from whatever is at hand.
Probably not any different than what was covered in my first voice lesson,
just me that's different now.

Best with your exam, Reg.

Thanks,

Karl Rasmussen
mailto:krasmuss@v...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1420 Re: Healthy Singing Reg Boyle   Sat  5/6/2000   2 KB

emusic.com