Vocalist.org archive

From:  vanese@t...
vanese@t...
Date:  Sun Jul 29, 2001  6:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] When to throw in the towel.

Hi Matthew

I had your experience some months ago, when i was so depressed because teachers
in NYC told me that i had no technique at all although i had been studying
for 5 years with 2 "teachers". I knew i had the voice,the will , everything
but the technique to become a singer but i was 24 (which was supposedto
be to old to start again etc etc etc) I even was planning to study something
different (?????)
Then i met my new teacher , who told me first, to get away from the idea
that i was too old because my muscles still were flexible and that the thing
was to see singing like something that had to feel easy (we are the ones
who complicate it all) . He gave me back my will to sing and the most important
thing he told me is that i had to relax, to be patient, because sometimes
you find the right position of the voice but sometimes not, but that does
not mean that you made a step back. He really is a little bit of a psycologist,
a friend, a philosopher and not only talks about technique, i am glad i
found him and i know this career is not easy nor for sure but it is in yoursefl
in whom you have to believe to get your goals done.
As i told before i visited two teachers in NY who could help you one is
Judith Farris (tbbi@e...), who is more a person that lifts your
spirit up and makes you laugh and Mr David Jones (www.thevoiceteacher.com)
who talks more about muscles, jaw and uses a lot of techniques which have
saved a lot of singers of loosing their voices. I liked them both.
Good luck
Vanese
Greetings

Obten tu cuenta de mail gratis en: