Vocalist.org archive

From:  elisabethkisselstein@h...
elisabethkisselstein@h...
Date:  Sat Jul 28, 2001  4:35 am
Subject:  Baroque ornamentation for recitals

Question for all the teachers out there and anyone else who is
involved with baroque opera: would you ornament arias
differently for a (degree) recital than you would for an audition or
a performance of said aria within the context of the opera? I have
Tornami a vaggheggiar from Handel's Alcina as one of my Italian
selections and have had the question come up. My teacher is
away for a few weeks this summer and is not readily available
for questioning.

Thanks

Lisa

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13329 Re: Baroque ornamentation for recitals Fiona Chow   Sat  7/28/2001   4 KB

emusic.com