Vocalist.org archive

From:  singer220@h...
singer220@h...
Date:  Fri Jul 27, 2001  2:08 am
Subject:  Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural

I am a tenor and am having difficulty in blending the head register
with my chest register from Ab above the treble clef through A
natural. These are my two most difficult notes. Below the Ab I'm
fine, and again I'm fine at the Bb and above. But when I sing scales
up through the Ab, A and Bb I invariably pass through some
scratchiness, particularly on the way down from Bb through A to Ab.

I have been studying for 3 1/2 years and have only recently started
to work on some of the tenor arias. I do fine with the Mozart arias
such as Dalla Sua Pace, but I have a terrible time with one like the
Verdi Requium's Ingemisco. The final Bb is no problem for me, but
midway through the aria there is a progression from Eb to Bb that I
just choke up on through the Ab to the Bb.

Can anyone kindly suggest some imagery that I might try to employ to
smooth out this transition?

Best regards,

Bob

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13322 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roc=EDo_Guitar   Fri  7/27/2001   3 KB
13325 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural singer220@h...   Sat  7/28/2001   4 KB
13331 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural info@g...   Sat  7/28/2001   3 KB
13368 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roc=EDo_Guitar   Mon  7/30/2001   4 KB
13380 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural singer220@h...   Tue  7/31/2001   5 KB
13381 Re: Tenor trouble at Ab and A natural singer220@h...   Tue  7/31/2001   4 KB

emusic.com