Vocalist.org archive

From:  canteclada@y...
canteclada@y...
Date:  Mon Jul 23, 2001  12:18 am
Subject:  David Grogan in Luisa Fernanda

Friends, last month I'd learned of David's pending performance in the
Greater Dallas Area and was struck by the coincidence that I'd be in
the area, family reunion ending that very day. My husband and I
went, and what a treat it was! Not only was our David the Vidal
Hernando of our fondest dreams, but his colleagues were all wonderful
as well: the chorus of two, plus principals, and two pianists
delighted a most appreciative audience in the impressive, ultra
modern Mesquite Arts Center where we spent a most pleasing Sunday
afternoon four weeks ago. The soprano Lucy Tamez Creech produced
both scrumptous vocalization and chocolate torts to die for which we
enjoyed at the reception after the zarzuela. I think the
serendipitous experience of attending a performance of a cyber friend
while shuttling across the country is in part what a listserv for
singers is all about!

Doris Long Thurber, one of the New Jersey sopranos and expatiate Texan

emusic.com