Vocalist.org archive

From:  didigirl1@j...
didigirl1@j...
Date:  Sat Jul 21, 2001  5:27 pm
Subject:  Re: Bombing Audition Revisited

Jacqueline,

Thank you for your "affirming" e-mail. It sounds like that example that
you gave of your devastation did exactly to you what it would have done
to me - I think I would have broken under the pressure and doubted any
talent that I may have. It's really hard, isn't it? I wonder if I
would have had that inner strength like you did to go back - I think that
is wonderful that you did go back. I found your little story
inspirational actually! I think you are right that "not being choses is
usually completely subjective" but it does tend to bring back to those
insecure demons in my mind!

I keep thinking that I am in the "wrong business" and I don't do this
for a living! I sing because I love to sing and I love to learn about
the art of singing. I love musical theatre and that is why I started
performing in local theatre in the last couple of years. I never
thought in a million years that "insecure me" would be putting myself
"out there" by going on auditions and singing solos in public and singing
and dancing on stage. If you told me that I would be doing this 10 years
ago I would have told you that you were nuts! But I love it so much that
it drives me to places I'd never thought I'd be!

I quickly checked out your website(s) and they look so interesting - I
will be looking at them more closely in the future.

I have another question for all you experts in this group. My voice
teacher will be taking a break for a while (maybe a month?) in August. I
thought I could take that time as my opportunity to take some type of
class on breathing or something different to learn about singing since I
will be missing my weekly voice lesson. I live in New York - Long Island
suburbs and I am willing to go to New York City. But I don't want to go
somewhere that is filled with Broadway stars. I would be so intimidated.
I have been taking voice for 5 years but I am not Broadway bound!!!
Does anyone know of a workshop that I could take or something like that?

Thanks,
Didi

13280 =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE:=20[vocalist]=20Re:=20Bombing=2 vanese@t...   Sat  7/21/2001   2 KB

emusic.com