Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
"Wim Ritzerfeld" <w.ritzerfeld@c...>
Date:  Tue Jul 17, 2001  10:35 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: falsetto (was lower register)

Mike,

I like the creative approach you take to teaching (without losing
sight of 'whats really going on'). Being trained as an engineer
I tend to put a lot of emphasis on the technical side, although
I wouldn't dream of having the kind of discussion with my
(future) pupils we just had over here.

Thanks for sharing your insights !

By the way, I started out using VoceVista (which is written by the
author of Gram) for the power spectrum, but lately I mostly use
it to get immediate acoustical feedback (through instant replay of
the audio sample) in combination with visual feedback from the
spectrogram display, which lets me monitor things like vibrato and
legato. I find this phrase by phrase monitoring very useful,
especially when studying a new piece.

Wim

emusic.com