Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 17, 2001  7:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Bombing an audition...

Bless all of you for your kind words and shared
experiences. I am holding my head a bit higher today
because of them!

To answer some of your questions:

I do not know exactly what it was that caused me to
bomb. Perhaps it WAS planetary alignment. Nothing
was different from other auditions I have done before
where I kept my cool.

As far as what specifically went badly, that's a great
question. It was totally an anxiety problem which
went way out of control, causing all of the other
things I did not do well to happen. The discouraging
thing is that have come so far in that area and this
was a big disappointment. But I am moving on!

And as far as being afraid of my next lesson, I do not
fear my teacher, I just don't want to go because I am
embarassed!!!! My lesson is in the morning (in 5
hours) and I still have not been able to sleep. But
that is my issue, not caused by my teacher who so far
has been wonderful and supportive and brilliant.

I have tried and tried to analyze the root of my poor
performance, and although there could be 100 reasons,
I wish to discuss one in particular, which is detailed
in my next post. I am planning a career change from
music! Let's chat!