Vocalist.org archive

From:  EarlyMusik@a...
EarlyMusik@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 16, 2001  7:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Young baritone needs wedding song

In a message dated 07/15/2001 9:09:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
elisabethkisselstein@h... writes:
elisabethkisselstein@h... writes:

<< Reading the responses that mentioned Lennon and McCartney reminded me of
the song "God Bless Our Love", also by Lennon and McCartney (I'm pretty sure
on the composers. I'm packing to move and all my music is in boxes right
now, and I'm not sure where this is at the moment) I've done this one twice
at weddings now, and folks seem to love it. It's also nice and simple and I
learned it in one read-through. >>

What key did you find this song (which is actually called "Grow old along
with me")? I have only found it in G, I believe, and it sits really low for
me. I believe it could be sung effectively by a tenor or very low alto in
that key (it's one octave, G-G), which is not the prettiest part of my voice.
I can transpose it but I've been assigned it by wedding services with whom I
work, and I usually get it too late to do the work manually (don't have the
software), and since the instrumentation usually involves multiple
instruments, it means more writing than I have time to do (especially when I
get the rep list on Thursday for a Saturday wedding). Anyone see it in any
other key?

Christine Thomas
"For men are strong where we are weak ... they always think before they
speak."
(What fun is THAT?)

emusic.com