Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Thu Jul 12, 2001  6:23 pm
Subject:  MED: um, "tiny bladder"...

Warning - the following is rather "medically graphic"...
To all our good doctors here or anyone else:

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I do a summer vaudeville show,
The "Frantic Follies", up here in the Yukon. As the name implies, it's
quite a high energy show - Consequently, I find myself thirsting and
drinking a lot of water during the show. In my fifteen seasons with the
show, this has never been a problem, but now, pretty much since I
started again in May, I find that I have to be up as much as four or
five times in the night to urinate. I am "suddenly middle-aged" at 48
and have just had blood tests for diabetes as well as the um, "basic"
examination for prostate problems, all testing negative, I'm grateful to
say. My doctor here doesn't seem able to offer much advice on this - He
said, with most people, he would just advise them to cut back on fluid
in the evening, but my job runs basically 6-11 PM and I must hydrate, so
once again I am exceptional ("story of my life..."). Why is this
happening now? Could it be some weird "aging" thing? I am a bit
overweight, about 20 pounds or so - . Maybe weird stress factors...? -
the accumulated stress of moving twice a year between here and my winter
home - midnight sun reeking havoc on circadian rhythms? a noisy, smoky
"apartment from hell" for my first two months up here this year, which I
have now thankfully vacated, in favour of a much more peaceful shared
house - or is all this some intangible consequence of being a green,
eccentric monk-like INFP from another planet with a loud voice doing a
vaudeville show in a little town in the north... oops, I accidentally
activated my "random abstract rant mode"...:o) and my current
mid-season cold from hell doesn't help...

I would be very grateful for any thoughts on this, on or off list.

Blessings.

Michael

Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13145 Re: MED: um, "tiny bladder"... Kevin Hollis   Fri  7/13/2001   3 KB
13147 Re: MED: um, "tiny bladder"... John Messmer, M.D.   Fri  7/13/2001   4 KB
13160 Re: MED: um, "tiny bladder"... John Link   Sat  7/14/2001   3 KB
13148 Re: MED: um, "tiny bladder"... PJ. Garner   Fri  7/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com