Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  9:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] A very strange concert

>From: Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
>
>singersuki@a... wrote:
>
> > the tenor sang "O Paradiso" and then dropped dead of a heart attack.
>Right
> > there as he was walking back from the front through the altar, he
>staggered,
> > and fell down
> > with a horrendous THUMP! as his head hit the tile floor.

and Dean replied:

>Couple of times. One was in a church conference. The choir had just
>started to
>sing, "Oh Death, Where Is Thy Victory" when a latecomer, halfway down the
>aisle
>collapsed and died. The other was in the Hollywood Bowl during the finale
>of Mahlar's "Resurrection
>Symphony." As I was about to begin the Tenor solo, the conductor collapsed
>into a
>heap and rolled off the stand.
>
>Kinda makes you want to give up singing.

Has anyone else noticed the rather ominous sound of all the music titles in
question? Makes me want to drop "When I am laid in earth" from my
repertoire. :-)

But seriously, it is too bad for the tenor to die so suddenly and at a
too-early age. On the other hand, he died doing what (I hope) he loved
best.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
GO SHARKS!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read." --Groucho Marx

1324 Re: Healthy Singing Reg Boyle   Tue  5/2/2000   4 KB
1337 Re: Healthy Singing Karl Rasmussen   Wed  5/3/2000   3 KB
1420 Re: Healthy Singing Reg Boyle   Sat  5/6/2000   2 KB

emusic.com