Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sandra" <sandra@b...>
"Sandra" <sandra@b...>
Date:  Wed Jul 11, 2001  10:43 pm
Subject:  Any tips for "seeing phrases"?

I am at a point of transitioning from seeing and singing individual words to
seeing/singing phrases. I need to improve my ability to visually seeing the
phrase, and the movement of the phrase. I tend to see "word, word, word"
and "note, note note", and then that is how I sing it. Technically (in
terms of breath support, passagio negotiation, etc), I am at a point where I
can and should be sing phrases.

Memorizing the music helps me somewhat (as opposed to singing from a
score/sheet music) , & so does picking out the music on piano (all parts)
but I don't always have advance time to do this. (My piano skills are
rotten, so playing the music takes me time.)

Any tips or advice on how to see phrases and phrase movement?

Thanks in advance,
Sandra

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13126 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases"? LYNDA313@a...   Wed  7/11/2001   2 KB
13131 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases" Karen Mercedes   Thu  7/12/2001   2 KB
13133 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases"? Greypins@a...   Thu  7/12/2001   3 KB
13134 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases"? John Link   Thu  7/12/2001   3 KB
13142 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases"? dredeman   Thu  7/12/2001   3 KB
13143 Re: Any tips for "seeing phrases"? Greypins@a...   Fri  7/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com