Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Tue Jul 10, 2001  4:45 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Good technique/bad technique

Along the same vein as Randy's comments, I don't know what type of "day
job" the original poster has but it has been my personal experience, as
well as that of my husband, that if you hold a position that requires a
great deal of talking during the day, the voice does suffer (both in
speaking & singing) as the day progresses or the following day. It is
probably a good idea to try, if at all possible, to limit speaking during
the day if you have a performance in the evening.

Pat

(snip)