Vocalist.org archive

From:  dramadiva2002@y...
dramadiva2002@y...
Date:  Mon Jul 9, 2001  6:28 pm
Subject:  Good technique/bad technique

In answer to the people who have suggested that maybe my vocal woes
which led to steroids was due to faulty technical singing, I'd like
to say the following and ask others about this as well.

Is it possible that I (or anyone) could generally on a day to day
basis be singing with good technique but that in a stressful
situation, i.e., under the gun, with allergies, learning new,
difficult music on the fly, one could lapse into faulty "old" habits
that might get one into a situation where one's cords suffer? I
believe that this means my technique isn't quite set yet or that
something about it isn't entirely ingrained but perhaps that doesn't
mean I am in the habit of singing with horrendous technique
regularly. I'm sure I've heard many a great singer say that they had
to put themselves on vocal rest after working on a difficult opera
because they managed to lapse into poor technique whilst singing a
particularly challenging piece... has anyone else been down this
road???

We are human and technique has to be incredibly secure (mine is in a
state of rework) in order to hold up under such stress.

Thanks,
DS

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13091 Re: Good technique/bad technique John Link   Mon  7/9/2001   2 KB
13092 Re: Good technique/bad technique buzzcen@a...   Mon  7/9/2001   2 KB
13097 Re: Good technique/bad technique Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  7/10/2001   2 KB
13098 Audition Song Dolphin aura   Tue  7/10/2001   2 KB
13104 Re: Audition Song Karen Mercedes   Tue  7/10/2001   3 KB
13122 Re: Audition Song Nancy Fontana   Wed  7/11/2001   3 KB
13136 Re: Audition Song Trevor Allen   Thu  7/12/2001   2 KB
13099 Re: Good technique/bad technique dramadiva2002@y...   Tue  7/10/2001   3 KB
13102 Re: Good technique/bad technique Patricia M Smith   Tue  7/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com