Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
"Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Fri Jul 6, 2001  4:09 am
Subject:  Fw: [vocalist] ?'s about breathing, recitals, & voice size

Karen Mercedes wrote:

> The fact is, that the singer who SEEMS to be
> able to get through entire Handelian and Bachian runs on a single breath
> is probably an illusion - aided in large part by the technician who edits
> the recording.

Thanks, Karen. You made my day! I've often wondered about the same thing.
You'd think the technicians would be more sensitive to all those poor
singers who listen to this and feel inadequate because ... Naaah.

To add to what has been said so far about breathing... From my own
experience, I made tons of progress when I started being aware of my lower
back position. I noticed a tendency to arch it forwards (yeah, like my
derriere needs to stick out even further...), but correcting this has really
opened up my breathing space below the rib cage and relaxed my breathing in
general. Just something you might want to consider.

Welcome to the list,
Rachel

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13066 Re: Fw: [vocalist] ?'s about breathing, recitals, Greypins@a...   Fri  7/6/2001   2 KB
13067 Re: Fw: [vocalist] ?'s about breathing, recitals, Karen Mercedes   Fri  7/6/2001   3 KB
13069 Re[2]: Fw: [vocalist] ?'s about breathing, recita Vicki Bryant   Fri  7/6/2001   3 KB
13071 Re: Fw: [vocalist] ?'s about breathing, recitals, John Alexander Blyth   Fri  7/6/2001   4 KB

emusic.com