Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Jul 6, 2001  2:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Swollen cords... advice.

dramadiva2002@y... wrote:
The part of me that wants to prove myself to these people
> wants to go ahead and do it "just tough it out and not be a wimp".
> The part of me that fears for my vocal health wants to remain quiet
> for the next 2 days. Maybe it's wimpy but I've just emailed them to
> cancel the coaching and we'll see how I feel about singing the
> rehearsal.

I think singers have to try to lose the idea that it's
"wimpy" to take care of your body and your voice. To me,
"wimpy" should be applied only to artists when they are
afraid of taking artistic chances. But to be conservative
as to when to use your voice when you are ailing is not
"wimpy", it's smart.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...