Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Thu Jul 5, 2001  1:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] How to catch up...

I'm neck-deep and am popping my head in to make sure
everything is working okay, but wanted to respond to
Molly's frustration (she chose to go home and work for
the summer rather than spending $$$ on her Italy
summer program).

I'd say this: Making money is an important part of
your singing career. Really. It's so important not
to get yourself neck-deep in debt, like so many
singers unfortunately do in undergrad and grad school.
Then they spend their good middle years taking any
job (singing and non-singing) to pay the bills and pay
back those loans, and end up burning out before they
really hit their peak. Molly, still being in
undergrad, is too young to be getting into debt
already, and if there's any way to begin to build up a
nest egg for those post-grad-school career-building
years, that's worth more than YAPs and coachings at
this time in the vocal development anyway.

That's what I think. You're doing just the right
thing.

Isabelle B.