Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
"Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Thu Jul 5, 2001  1:14 am
Subject:  How to catch up...

List,

I might have already mentioned that I had planned to go on my school's Italy
program for the second time this year, but it fell through due to the fact
that it's a heckuva lot of $.
Anyway. I cannot deny that I am jealous that my fellow students are enjoying
lessons and a few performances with two dynamic teachers when I can scarcely
find the time to vocalize due to my 50 hour a week summer job. To be honest,
the best part of the Italy program was not the average coaches and average
teaching of the Italian language,but it was the lessons with our teachers
from the University.
I am trying to convince myself I made the right decision in not going, yet
of course I feel void of anything artistic here as I work in my boring job
to help pay for school and do little else!
Needless to say, I feel like I am falling behind. I also have an audition
for "Cosi fan tutte" coming up in late August.
I can't say all is lost, as my former teacher is in this area and before I
leave I can arrange to have at least 3 lessons with her. I think I'll give
her a call tomorrow.
I also want to know what I can do on my own to give me an edge and feel that
my summer was entirely non-musical. I am going to try my darndest not to be
jealous when people come back from their trip this summer......

I have been reading a lot of bios on great opera stars such as Beverly Sills
and Ponselle, to name a few. Not to mention tons of recordings.
What are some other suggestions? has anyone else here been in a similar
place?
I know summer programs are not an option for everyone.

As usual, thanks for listening!!!

Molly

13038 Re: How to catch up... Isabelle Bracamonte   Thu  7/5/2001   3 KB
13041 Re: How to catch up... Craig Tompkins   Thu  7/5/2001   5 KB
13044 Re: How to catch up... peggyh@i...   Thu  7/5/2001   4 KB
13048 Re: How to catch up... Karen Mercedes   Thu  7/5/2001   3 KB
13056 Re: How to catch up... Elizabeth Finkler   Thu  7/5/2001   3 KB
13063 Re: How to catch up... Greypins@a...   Fri  7/6/2001   2 KB

emusic.com