Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Becca sabo" <Dementia3@h...>
"Becca sabo" <Dementia3@h...>
Date:  Thu Jul 5, 2001  12:51 am
Subject:  ?'s about breathing, recitals, & voice size

Hello everyone,

I'm going to introduce myself first (since I mainly lurk). My name is
Becca and I'm going to be a senior in college next year (my second senior
year...I'm a Music Ed major with a minor in theatre so it takes more than
four years). I have a few questions. I've been in voice lessons for four
years now and I am still having problems with breathing. I can't normally
make it all the way through my phrases without sounding like I'm dying at
the end of each phrase. If I pull the phrase out of context it is fine, but
when I sing it with in the song I can't do it. How can I improve this? I
also have a small voice. I've been told that my voice is too small to sing
anything more than early music. How can I get a fuller sounding voice or is
this something I shouldn't worry about? I also have my first recital ever
coming up sometime this fall semester. I am extremely nervous and don't
know what I should be focusing on right now to make sure I'm prepared
properly.

Thank you,
Becca

peggyh@i...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13043 Re: ?'s about breathing, recitals, & voice size Karen Mercedes   Thu  7/5/2001   9 KB
13049 Re: ?'s about breathing, recitals, & voice size John Alexander Blyth   Thu  7/5/2001   7 KB
13078 Re: ?'s about breathing, recitals, & voice size peggyh@i...   Sat  7/7/2001   3 KB

emusic.com