Vocalist.org archive

From:  dramadiva2002@y...
dramadiva2002@y...
Date:  Wed Jul 4, 2001  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: Swollen cords... advice.

Dear Taylor and Dr. Messmer,

Thanks for your answers to my post. I am on 6 days of Medrol (?) I'm
now on day 3, tomorrow would be day 4 which is when I was scheduled
to do a 45 minute coaching on the Aida. Day 5 I was to do a
rehearsal. The part of me that wants to prove myself to these people
wants to go ahead and do it "just tough it out and not be a wimp".
The part of me that fears for my vocal health wants to remain quiet
for the next 2 days. Maybe it's wimpy but I've just emailed them to
cancel the coaching and we'll see how I feel about singing the
rehearsal. I'd rather not sing until Sunday. By then I'll be off the
steroids and will have had several days of no singing.

These are tough decisions to make. The whole point of doing these
things is to prove yourself and get yourself lined up for future
work. You want these people to feel they can rely on you. I'm afraid
I'll leave this program with the stigma that I'm "unreliable." Sigh.

DS.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13045 Re: Swollen cords... advice. John Link   Thu  7/5/2001   3 KB
13088 Re: Swollen cords... advice. Ian Belsey   Mon  7/9/2001   3 KB

emusic.com