Vocalist.org archive

From:  EarlyMusik@a...
EarlyMusik@a...
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  8:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] trusting recordings,was: students who quit

In a message dated 07/03/2001 1:06:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< As I said, my first look at myself on videotape certainly frightened me
off,
but I'm OK on a more recent tape (playing Mrs. Pearce in "My Fair Lady"). I
have a tape of the "Candide" in which I played the Old Lady, but I haven't
had the courage to watch it. >>

I happened to catch myself on video a few years back for the first time in
YEARS and was quite surprised - I was so much more fluid onstage than I was
in real life that I couldn't believe it was ME.

Christine Thomas
"For men are strong where we are weak ... they always think before they
speak."
(What fun is THAT?)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13031 How we look on video,was: trusting recordings,was John Alexander Blyth   Wed  7/4/2001   4 KB

emusic.com