Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  5:51 am
Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [vocalist] Taping, was students who quit

In a message dated 7/3/2001 1:06:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
MezzoNotte@e... writes:
MezzoNotte@e... writes:

<< Sometimes a tape is a nice surprise. :)

i agree. sometimes, when we are so disappointed with what we had been
working on and what we had hoped would go so well, we are astonished to find
that something we either overlooked or, even thought went bad, was exactly
what we had sought all along. my favorite reaction from a student, whom
i've just gotten to do something totally off the wall, at least as far as
they knew, is "oh my god, that does work!" having been shown that
weird=good, they are far more likely to try it again and, to try and adopt
that thing as practice.

mike

emusic.com