Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  3:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Male voices

Be aware of passagio areas. They aren't quite the
same for men and women. Also, if you use terms like
"mix" "head and chest" for female voices, this isn't
quite the same for men, especially of lower voices.
Good luck. My first student was a soprano and I'm a
baritone. It was and still is a learning experience,
but I'm glad it happened that way, because it forced
me to go and look into things that I wouldn't have
bothered with had my student been a similar voice
type.

Trevor