Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Mon Jul 2, 2001  4:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: the value of tapes

dclark wrote:

> As a singer of long experience myself, I still regularly use a tape recorder
> when I practice. There are always surprises when I play back and hear
> what I REALLY did, as opposed to what I THOUGHT I did.

I also use a tape recorder at times when working with Emily (it's always running
during practices), especially when she finishes singing and make some comment
about, "That was really good, wasn't it?" Then I play it back and she says,
"Ohhh YUCK!. That was terrible! Can we do it again? Please?"

Great gadget, that tape deck.

Dean

http://www.mp3.com/emmy
"If you must be wrong,
then be wrong at the top of your voice!" (Lucy Van Pelt)

emusic.com