Vocalist.org archive

From:  dclark <DCLARK@r...>
dclark <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Mon Jul 2, 2001  4:58 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] students who quit

Mike wrote to Ian:

> unless you're really sybil, i don't understand why you would so readily
>embrace video taping and be so put off by audio taping. and, unless
>you're in one of those multi-media wastes of grant money, i doubt you
>can have video onstage with you as well.

In addition to videotaping my students, as earlier mentioned, I encourage
them to use audio tapes at every opportunity -- to practice, to tape all or
parts of their lessons, to tape accompaniments, etc. I remind them that
the mirror and the tape recorder are their two best friends, especially
because it is impossible (and not even desirable) for them to have a
teacher or other live feedback present with them at all times.

Dr. Diane M. Clark, Chair
Music Dept., Rhodes College
Memphis, TN 38112
901-843-3782