Vocalist.org archive

From:  Bill Alley <balley@h...>
Bill Alley <balley@h...>
Date:  Mon Jul 2, 2001  12:03 pm
Subject:  Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woods"

I have been reading with interest the thread about Cole Porter music. I am
a big fan of Porter's music. On my concerts I like to include a few of his
more unknown songs. One of these songs I have been trying to find for over
a year. I first heard on Thomas Hampson's Cole Porter CD.
The song is "Two Little Babes In The Woods". He composed two versions of
it. The one I am looking for is from Greenwich Follies. It has spoken
text in between each verse of the chorus and the last chorus is
different. I have contacted Cole Porter Trust and they do not have this
version of the song. Does anybody have it? It truly is a gem!!

Look forward to hearing from you and any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill Alley
Tenor
Boston, MA

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12979 Re: Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woo Karen Mercedes   Mon  7/2/2001   3 KB
12988 Re: Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woo Patricia M Smith   Mon  7/2/2001   3 KB
12989 Re: Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woo Margaret Harrison   Tue  7/3/2001   2 KB
12993 Re: Cole Porter Song "Two Little Babes In The Woo Karen Mercedes   Tue  7/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com