Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Leslie Jones" <LJones@s...>
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  4:23 pm
Subject:  Re: Oratorio for Soprano

Susi,
If you're looking for something a little different, how about the
soprano solo from Britten's Rejoice in the Lamb: "For I will consider my
cat, Geoffrey"? Short but sweet, and still somewhat religiously themed.
And if you can do it with organ instead of piano, there are some nice
possibilities for registrations that you can explore (the figure in the
right hand of the accompaniment always reminds me of the way a cat will wind
around your leg!). This might be a little more intimate or chamber-like
than you have in mind, though.

Leslie J.

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; Contralto
Dept. of Music, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
LJones@s... - (573) 651-2339

Susi wrote:
I need to do a short recital of Oratorio Arias towards a Masters. There
is no problem in Baroque, Classical or Romantic repertoire, there is so much
to choose from. I would like to make it representative across the ages and
am looking for something written in the 20th Century. Any ideas?

emusic.com